Making the Airport Lounge Service
How Solid-ICT designed TAV’s airport lounge application
Quick and Easy for All Passengers
A Global Airport Lounge App
TAV Airports is the leading airport operator in Turkey. Together
subsidiaries, TAV Airports provides services to 152 million passengers,
including duty-free shopping, food and beverage services, aircraft ground
handling, IT and security, and more.
Today, TAV is introducing a mobile lounge access app to upgrade its airport experience for outbound passengers. This app was created in partnership with Solid-ICT.
In the minds of many airport passengers, the usage of airport lounges are often
incorrectly associated exclusively with business class flyers. In addition,
passengers who were accessing the lounges were often confused about which airport
lounge to use with which boarding card. This caused long queues at lounge entrances,
which was inconvenient and disappointing for passengers who believed they bought an
TAV aimed to change all these negative experiences by making their lounge service quick and easily accessible for all passengers.
We’re committed to seeing every single project thrive and continuously push the bar
higher in terms of what can be achieved.
Our first step was to understand TAV’s dreams regarding the project so we could
bring this into reality with our magical coding capability.
Our second step was to understand the target customer’s needs from the ground in
order to create the perfect user experience. So we rolled up our sleeves and went
into an airport lounge to personally sell tickets.
From this experience, we then determined the best strategy and developed the most efficient app for TAV. Our dedicated team was at their computers both during the launch and 24-hours post-launch in order to ensure everything worked smoothly. As with every other project at Solid, our work didn’t end with execution. We always provide maintenance and full support post-launch.
Our Groundbreaking Solutions
We designed the LoungeMe app to create a seamless and enjoyable lounge experience for all passengers.
- Passengers can easily create an account, buy membership, search for lounges, and generate their entrance ticket in just two clicks.
- Passengers can purchase packages or single lounges according to their travel frequency and needs.
- Passengers can gain and collect points when they purchase through LoungeMe, which can be used for future trips.
- Passengers can access features such as sharing the lounge package, inviting friends, evaluating the lounge, playing games, and more.
- To avoid fraud, Lounge Me utilises image recognition with its AWS machine learning infrastructure.
- LoungeMe app works offline so passengers can buy their tickets and enter lounges using their QR code — all without needing an internet connection. -LoungeMe supports over 15 alternative payment methods including Alipay, Ideal and Sofort, as well as all major credit and debit cards.
More than just an app for passengers
The LoungeMe app, currently managed by Solid with a team of approximately 20
experts, will use API integration to partner with many corporate companies managing
airports or loyalty programs.
With its web infrastructure, LoungeMe also has the capability to integrate with all online portals in the tourism sector, such as travel agencies, hotels and ticketing companies. The app will allow passengers to easily buy their lounge entrance with their flight ticket or tour.